Monday, August 20, 2012

Tagged


 Yay! I've been tagged by D.Nambiar of Odds and Ends

The Rules -

    Link back the blogger who tagged you.
    You must post the rules.
    Answer the questions given by the person who tagged you.
    Tag 11 new bloggers.
    Set 11 new questions for the bloggers tagged by you.
    Inform them about the tag.

Questions D Nambiar set for me and my answers:

  1. What does blogging mean to you? Blogging is the easiest way, even for me to enter My World.  A place where i can think my thoughts, relive my memories, share my loves with the world and many a times, a perfect place to getaway! Blogging is a way for me to get a grip on with my life and create clarity for myself.
  2. How did you get into blogging? My husband pushed me into blogging! He was on a trip to the USA and had an important meeting with the director (of the company he was working for) about his promotion. I waited, counting the hours and minutes, calculating the time difference and not sleeping a wink. He never called. I texted, i called, i emailed, with no avail. That was my first blog post about the torture that was the wait and why it wasn't obvious for him with all the technology around him to just let me know the details, he knew i would be waiting dying for!
  3. What subjects do you blog about and why? Everything that fascinates me. Right now, my muse is Lady Seoul, who is tantalizing me with her looks and taking me on an adventure with her everyday. Why? When i was searching on the web to learn anything and everything about living and moving to Seoul, it was these little blog posts that people make about their everyday mundane activities which made me understand and prepare better for the big move! I also use this medium to preserve my works and showcase my interests. Why? It is so much fun to connect with people with similar interests! And not to forget the appreciations and the inspiations :) Makes me happy!
  4. Which according to you is your best post, till date? I should say my first post where i rambled on about the wait and my impatience on September 19th, 2006. But unfortunately, it has been lost by rediff, while they were upgrading their site :(
  5. How long have you been blogging and what have you learnt in the process? Started blogging in 2006 but got upset about losing my blog posts so, gave up for a few years, but back now, and dont mean to ever quit again because, it has become a habit.
  6. What are your favourite blogs? Could you name 2-5 of them? My favorite must-reads for the day are: Quirky Mind stuff (To help me think out of the box), GoodLife Zen (To maintain the peace or cultivate some on some horrible days :), Mashable (To keep in touch with the geek in me), Digital Inspiration (To understand and experiment with the geeky stuff),
  7. Name two bloggers you are dying to meet. This is a toughie. So many interesting people, so hard to pick just two...
  8. What is the most annoying trait you have come across in the blogosphere? It becomes more about the visits and traffic after sometime, doesn't it? Comments, just for the reciprocation, clicks just for the hits. And spellings. I do hate the sms-style, abbreviated language which the latest generation now uses...
  9. When met with bloggers’ block, how do you overcome it? Memes :) Inspiration finds itself!
  10. Where do you get the most support from, as far as blogging is concerned -- fellow bloggers or non-bloggers? Bloggers excite and inspire me, pushing my limits a little bit higher each time. Others help me achieve it just by being themselves.
  11. Where do you see yourself (as a blogger) 10 years from now? Oh, i live in the moment. Let the drama unfold itself, i will remain an ardent spectator, who will play the part when asked to :)

 Now to tag 11 other whom i find interesting:

Green Thumbs:
I love flowers and garden. There are some people who are totally rock at growing them and enlightening others about them. I have learnt a lot from them and their pictures are just too awesome.
 Foodie Fun:
Delicious recipes with wonderful pictures that tempt your taste buds. Whats not to like? May be just a button that can teleport the item on my dining table?
Movie Magic: 
Movies are wonderful ways to be transported to an alternate reality, chocolate wonderland or just back to the good old days. He writes about movies with such devotion and ardor that i am transported to that movie itself and makes me want to watch it immediately. 
Artsy Touch:
Love the drawings of this talented namma ooru architect. His poems are divine!
Zesty Kin
Words that just hit the spot and convey the thought. Funny, cheerful and witty.
 Photo Art
These people just talk with their cameras. I was enchanted by their simple, everyday shots that convey a lot and those million worded beauties captured by a single shot!
I would like to know you guys better! Answer the same questions DN set for me:
  1. What does blogging mean to you?
  2. How did you get into blogging 
  3. What subjects do you blog about and why?
  4. Which according to you was the best post and why?
  5. How long have you been blogging and what have you learnt in the process?
  6. Which are your favorite blogs?
  7. Name two bloggers you are dying to meet.
  8. What is the most annoying trait that you have come across in the blogosphere?
  9. When met with blogger's block, how do you overcome it?
  10. Where do you get the support from as far as blogging is concerned? From bloggers or non-bloggers?
  11. Where do you see your self (as a blogger) 10 years from now?

10 comments:

  1. I do not play the tagging game as a rule however in deference to your wishes of knowing me better, shall answer your questions here.
    What does blogging mean to you?
    It is my daily fix, a means to share what I see.

    How did you get into blogging
    Had always been fond of writing and photography and found that blogging was the best way to share my work

    What subjects do you blog about and why?
    I blog about my city Mumbai, my travels, my poetry that is inspired by my images and am hired by my dog Bozo to update his posts.
    I blog to share.

    Which according to you was the best post and why?
    Not given any thought to that.

    How long have you been blogging and what have you learnt in the process?
    Been blogging since 2005

    Which are your favorite blogs?
    Love them all!!

    Name two bloggers you are dying to meet.
    Thanks to indiblogger meet met quite a few of them last evening :)

    What is the most annoying trait that you have come across in the blogosphere?
    Plagiarising and spamming

    When met with blogger's block, how do you overcome it?
    Sit on a dharna in front of the laptop :)

    Where do you get the support from as far as blogging is concerned? From bloggers or non-bloggers?
    Bloggers

    Where do you see your self (as a blogger) 10 years from now?
    Blogging away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Magic Eye! Sweet of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. :)
    It's sad when you lose work you'd have liked to treasure. :( Never mind, you're back and going strong. That's what matters more. Happy blogging. I hope to see more of Seoul here at Meowws Musings.
    It's nice getting to know the blogger in you. Thank you for those links; some of those blogs are new to me. Shall check them out soon.
    Have a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also started blogging in 2006 and it was by pure coincidence, because I had never heard of blogs and didn't even know what it was !
    I was looking for Egyptian cats, found Forums and suddenly blogs and I told myself why not, and now it's such a nice hobby for a retired person and I call it "my window to the world" !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hearty Thanks for tagging me...
    shall i take my own time to do it! with you permission :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please take your own time, Sathish. Hope you have fun as i did!

      Delete
  6. Nice to know more about you :) and thanks for tagging me ...will take it up very soon ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for tagging me! ;)

    It's so good to know about you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DONE! check out...
    http://ashokism.blogspot.in/2012/09/totally-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...